Saturday, April 28, 2007

Website update

I know the site isn't functioning quite right right now. I have great dreams of having videos uploaded so that grandparents, cousins, etc. can watch special events when circumstances don't allow for them to attend. I hope to have slideshows for all to view of similar events. I want to have all of our genealogy, histories, pictures, uploaded to share with all. I also want to see our blog be a place where you can share with cousins from all over the US. I have looked into a new blog that allows you to post from your cell phone (sending picture and text messages to the blog from whereever you are at), so that may be changing over time.

I have most recently started building a site on a commercial host so that we can have virtually unlimited space to upload all of these things (the future site will be hosted at two separate address mahaffeyshandor.com and mahaffeygen.com) I intend on keeping our family site separate from our genealogy site. I have purchased new software for our genealogy that helps create wonderful sites.

The vision is HUGE, and because I am learning, takes a long time. I appreciate your patience as I learn and sometime what I've done is a bit confusing. Young Women's is pretty busy this next week, but I hope to have a lot more time real soon to work more on this. It is very fun and exciting, but takes a long time since I'm new at it all.

I lay awake at night envisioning new things to do. It is so EXCITING! Thanks for all of you who have tried things out, given me feedback, or taught me how to fix things. You are GREAT!

Love you all!

No comments: