Thursday, July 19, 2007

Old Age and Other Disasters




Just returned from a trip to Europe with Kristina and Audrey. Talk about a trip from .........! I think age is finally telling me I won't be doing this kind of trip again....I think I will stick to cruises and staying put in one place. Too much walking aggravated the old joints.....but it gave me an exciting experience. I went from the Louvre in Paris to an ER in an ambulance with 3 very good looking EMTs. tee hee

We all lost luggage at some point along the way, and we all had flights either cancelled, missed, delayed or in the case of the 2 young girls.....totally rerouted.

One of the highlights (other than delicious food) was a visit to Pompei, south of Rome, where we walked the ruins of the city destroyed by the volcano Vesuvius in the first century AD. It was amazing.

My next trip will be to take it easy in a resort in Colorado, visiting with Spence's brother and cousin. I think that will be just the ticket.

LaMar and Lisa and gang just spent their annual week at the beach with a few days afterwards at our house. They just got home last night. It is always fun to see the cool grandkids...

Evan and Liz and their kids are doing well, and I am told that Luke is getting roly poly. He looks just like Evan did as a baby of the same age...see the pictures above. The black and white one is Evan, and the colored one is Luke.

Aunt Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an adventure! I'm glad you had cute EMT's though. Did that cost you extra in your tour package?

We are taking your advice and going to Greer tomorrow. We have rented a cabin and plans to fish, fish, and do more fishing. We also have a reservation at the Snowflake temple to do family names on Pioneer day. We are also going to visit some of the cemeteries and get pictures of some headstones. My mom has prepared a WONDERFUL book with histories and pictures of our ancestors that lived there.

Better get something productive done. It's one of those, "I'm still in my PJ's at lunchtime" day.